There’s this paper/craft shop in town that I like browsing around in and they have a lot of cute journals for people who don’t have the patience or the time to really journal. Most of them ask you to write in a sentence or two each day. There’s one that asks what you’re grateful for each day, and that was the inspiration for this post.
Things I’m thankful for today, or, 10 Reasons my Sunday was awesome:
1. My husband got the basil at right for $2.50 at the local farmer’s market. It’s practically a tree! The roots are still intact at the bottom. We already had a small basil plant on the patio, but this is triple the size of that one! And besides, you can never have too much fresh basil. I love fresh basil. It’s my favorite herb. Yep, I have a favorite herb – doesn’t everybody? And yeah, that’s him holding the basil, and yes, I blurred his face. Just because I’m cool with posting all this stuff for everyone doesn’t mean he wants to be famous.
2. I went to the park to hit the tennis ball against the wall, and I didn’t suck quite as spectacularly as usual.
3. Freshly made tortilla chips with salsa verde & hot sauce from our local burrito place.
4. Trader Joe’s Green iced tea. Something so summer about really cold iced tea, and TJ’s is the only commercial one I like – not sweet.
5. BBQ! In particular, the pesto barbecue chicken we made (okay, my husband made) using the above basil. Yummy.
6. Jersey tomatoes, from my in-laws’ garden. So. Good.
7. I painted my toenails mint green.
8. Real liquorice from TJ’s – although I have to confess I ate the entire container in two days. oops.
9. Big thunderstorm at night in which I literally saw lightning streaks, not just a vague lighting up of the sky.
10. Olympics: Got to watch Misty May and Kerri Walsh crush yet another opponent in beach volleyball (sorry Italy!) – I don’t know why I’m so fascinated by them, or by beach volleyball (and only beach volleyball – the indoor version doesn’t do it for me) but I love watching them play. Even though you have to be careful not to blink or you might miss an entire set.
What are you thankful for? I want to hear what makes your weekends awesome.